ontolog-invitation

[ontolog-invitation] NIST-Ontolog-NCOR: "Ontology Summit 2008" Launch Ev

To: ontolog-invitation@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 06:51:02 -0800
     ************************ Headlines ************************    (01)

     Your are cordially invited to join us at the following
(virtual) event:    (02)

  *Thu 07 February 2008* - Ontology Summit 2008: "Toward an Open
Ontology Repository" - Launch Event    (03)

  [ see details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_02_07
  ]    (04)

     Register your attendance by emailing <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
offline (kindly indicate the event when responding.)    (05)

     ******************** Details ************************    (06)

Your are cordially invited to join us at the upcoming Ontology
Summit 2008 (virtual) launch events.    (07)

This online events is open and free of charge. Anyone who is
interested, or (better still) who may have something to
contribute, is welcome. Please refer to event details on the
session page, to which the hyperlink is given below, where you
will find session agenda, conference call dial-in and other
pertinent information.    (08)

*Thu 07-February-2008* - This is the (virtual) kick-off for the
3rd Ontology Summit, a joint initiative by NIST-Ontolog-NCOR
(along with other co-organizers and co-sponsors.) The theme
adopted by the community for Ontology Summit 2008 is: "Toward an
Open Ontology Repository. The Summit will comprise three months
of virtual discourse - delving into the key issues like
architecture, ontology, quality and metric, as well as a survey
of the state-of-art in "Open Ontology Repository." The discourse
culminates in a two-day face-to-face workshop (April 28 & 29,
2008 at Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA) as part of the NIST
Interoperability Week 2008 program. Dr. Steven Ray (NIST) will
chair this session. He will be introducing the "Ontology Summit
2008" objective, organization, process, deliverables and
preliminary plans. That will be followed by an open discussion,
during which we solicit your input and participation to make this
initiative a success, in terms of how it could help advance the
field of ontology, ontological engineering and semantic
technology, and advocate their adoption into mainstream
applications and international standards. ... Please refer to
details at the session wiki page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_02_07    (09)

*RSVP* by by emailing me at <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> offline so that
we can prepare enough resources to support everyone. (Kindly
include your affiliation and job title if you haven't joined us
before in similar virtual events.) Please state
"OntologySummit2008 Launch" in your registration response.    (010)

Please note that this session will be recorded, and the audio
archive is expected to be made available as open content to our
community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing
open IPR policy (ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32).    (011)

Regards. =ppy    (012)

For and on behalf of the (developing)
ONTOLOGY SUMMIT 2008 Organizing Committee:    (013)

Professor Mark Musen (NCOR, NCBO, Stanford-BMIR)
Dr. Leo Obrst (Ontolog, MITRE)
Dr. Steven Ray (NIST)
Ms. Michelle Raymond (Honeywell)
Professor Barry Smith (NCOR, SUNY-Buffalo)
Mr. Peter Yim (Ontolog, CIM3)    (014)

--     (015)

Join this list: mailto:ontolog-invitation-join@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Leave this list: mailto:ontolog-invitation-leave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx