ontolog-invitation

[ontolog-invitation] Database & Ontology" mini-series - Dr. Alan Wu (Ora

To: ontolog-invitation@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:17:11 -0700
   ************************ Headlines ************************    (01)

   The next episode of the Ontolog "Database & Ontology" series
is coming up next week:    (02)

*Thu 28 June 2007* - Dr. Alan Wu from Oracle, on "A Scalable
RDBMS-Based Inference Engine for RDFS/OWL"    (03)

   Register your attendance by emailing <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> offline.    (04)

   ******************** Details ************************    (05)

*Your are cordially invited* to join us at the upcoming Ontolog
"Database and Ontology" series virtual event, championed by Dr.
Matthew West.    (06)

The online Ontolog events are open and free of charge. Anyone who
is interested, or (better still) who may have something to
contribute, is welcome. Refer to individual event details on
their respective wiki session page. The link to which are given
below, where you will find session agenda, presentation abstract
and conference call dial-in and other pertinent details.    (07)

* Thursday, 18-Oct-2007 - We will be having the 11th Event in the
"Database And Ontology" Series - This is the second of the
two-part presentation from Oracle (following their first given on
28-Jun-2007) where the focus will be more on their OWL
implementations. Dr. Zhe (Alan) Wu, a Principal Member of
Technical Staff from Oracle's New England Development Center, is
our invited speaker. Dr. Wu's talk is entitled: "A Scalable
RDBMS-Based Inference Engine for RDFS/OWL."  This session will be
co-chaired by Dr. Matthew West and Dr. Leo Obrst. Dr. Melliyal
Annamalai from Oracle will also be with us to introduce our
invited speaker. Please refer to details at the session wiki
page, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_10_18    (08)

*RSVP* by by emailing me at <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> offline so that
we can prepare enough resources to support everyone. (Kindly
include your affiliation and job title if you aren't already a
member of the Ontolog community.) The session will be recorded.
Before participating, please make sure you are cognizant of our
IPR policy (ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32).    (09)

Regards. =ppy    (010)

Peter P. Yim
Co-convener, Ontolog    (011)

P.S.  You may also want to pursue the following links to find out
more about our:    (012)

Ontolog News & Upcoming Events Announcements -
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidW    (013)

Noteworthy Past Ontolog Events (including audio archives) -
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidZ    (014)

--    (015)

Join this list: mailto:ontolog-invitation-join@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Leave this list: mailto:ontolog-invitation-leave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx