ontolog-invitation

[ontolog-invitation] Two "Ontolog Invited Speaker" events coming up - Au

To: ontolog-invitation@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:37:43 -0700
  ************************ Headlines ************************    (01)

Two really good talks from the "Ontolog Invited Speaker" series
are coming up:    (02)

*Thu 23 August 2007* - Mr. Jason Baron, Director of Litigation
for NARA (the US National Archives and Records Administration)
will be giving a talk on: "Lawyers, Language, and Legal Risk:
Emerging Issues in E-Discovery"    (03)

*Thu 06 September 2007* - Mr. Adam Pease, CEO of Articulate
Software will be giving us an update on SUMO in a talk entitled:
"The Suggested Upper Merged Ontology at Age 7: Progress and Promise"    (04)

    Register your attendance by emailing <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> offline    (05)

  ******************** Details ************************    (06)

Your are cordially invited to join us at these upcoming Ontolog
Invited Speaker (virtual) events.    (07)

The online Ontolog events are open and free of charge. Anyone who
is interested, or (better still) who may have something to
contribute, is welcome. Refer to individual event details on
their respective session pages. The links are given below, where
you will find session agenda, presentation abstract and
conference call dial-in and other pertinent details .    (08)

     * Thursday, 23-August-2007 - Mr. Jason Baron, Director of
Litigation for NARA (the US National Archives and Records
Administration) will be our invited speaker. Mr. Baron will be
giving a talk on: "Lawyers, Language, and Legal Risk: Emerging
Issues in E-Discovery." Mr. Baron is a great speaker and one very
articulate individual who will be making a compelling case for
better SEARCH techniques. I trust a lot of us would believe we
have something to offer. So, don't miss this event where we could
get together and explore how members of the community can
contribute to fulfill the unmet need that legal professionals and
archivists have. ... Please refer to details at the session wiki
page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_08_23    (09)

     * Thursday, 6-Sep-2007 - Mr. Adam Pease, CEO of Articulate
Software will be be our invited speaker. He will be giving us an
update on SUMO in a talk entitled: "The Suggested Upper Merged
Ontology at Age 7: Progress and Promise." ... Fyi, the previous
presentation by Adam on SUMO at Ontolog (which he gave back in
May 2003) has remained one of the top two most downloaded talks
among all the great recordings we have on the Ontolog audio
archives.  Please refer to details on the session wiki page, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_09_06:    (010)

*RSVP* by by emailing me at <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> offline so that
we can prepare enough resources to support everyone. (Kindly
include your affiliation and job title if you aren't already a
member of the Ontolog community.)  Before participating, please
also make sure you are aware of our IPR policy (ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32).    (011)

Regards. =ppy    (012)

Peter P. Yim
Co-convener, Ontolog