Re: [ontolog-forum] Fwd: Why is ontolog-forum moving to Google Groups?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: linforest <linforest@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:35:16 +0800 (CST)
Hi all,

Google is available to most maybe, but not all,  in this world.
Thanks.

..Lin

在 2015-10-27 14:54:54,"mkfmncom" <mkfmncom@xxxxxxxxx> 写道:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ontolog-forum/KdfMdNgOWFs

On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 2:53:12 AM UTC-4, mkfmncom wrote:
Hello everyone,

This is Matthew M. Kaufman - I occasionally post on the list, and have always been a huge fan of many of you, especially Peter Yim.  I know he managed a lot of the technology infrastructure, and I know that he has retired.

Why is the list moving to Google Groups?

I'd think this is a horrible idea, and would like to propose some other methods, perhaps even a phpBB hosted bulletin board, or to at least maintain the current mailing list!!!!  Is there any danger in the old mailing list archives, and / or web content being lost?  If so, I'd like to start a preservation effort to mirror all of this and re-host it.  I can provide major infrastructure and self-hosted server and storage resources in NYC physically in the Financial District, if necessary!

Thanks guys,

Just hate to see another mailing list go into Google Groups.