Re: [ontolog-forum] Grand Unified Theories

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ed Lowry <eslowry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 22:06:14 -0500
Bruce

Students everywhere are routinely taught how to arrange pieces of information by
educators who are unaware of elementary pieces of information that are well-designed
to be easily arranged. I see that as a huge disaster.  When they do become aware, I expect
they will come to realize that the teaching of mathematics and other technical subjects is
best redeveloped using well-designed information building blocks as foundational.
That approach to teaching may also become a favored way of reconceptualizing the
foundations of mathematics.

If you think that "what is needed today is a new foundation for mathematics" you may
want to look into that possibility further.  If you do, I would be interested in  your reactions.
There is explanation in the first 2 papers on my web site.

Ed Lowry
http://users.rcn.com/eslowry