Re: [ontolog-forum] A No-Go Result For Human-Level Machine Intelligence‏

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 08:31:25 -0800

JFS: I believe that solving the problem of perception and action at

the level of birds is *more critical* to general intelligence

than getting a computer to prove theorems or parse NL sentences.

John

+1

I don’t mean to change the subject, but I agree that “solving the problem of perception and action” is a very important goal.  I also agree that AI has not, over its sixty five years of discussion and thought provoking experiments, had very deep successes.  IMHO, the major gains in computational flexibility have come from the practical day to day problems that AI has helped with.

It’s clear that people see what we expect to see.  So forecasting expectations is a way to forecast future events a few seconds or tenths of seconds prior to experiencing the actual scene that is expected.

-Rich

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper

EnglishLogicKernel.com