Re: [ontolog-forum] Child architecture

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 15:20:08 -0800

Philip and JB,

Using familiar words in phrases does indeed seem like at least a good candidate to try once.  But the phrases can become big *quick* if you concatenate every word of that phrase with every word of some other phrase to create most of the words in a new combined concept, with a few added for whatever reason in the Horne clause form.  Recurse until overflow.

So crafting a few word and phrase based methods for creating new expressions, but keeping them short, could possibly be designed for a domain.  But once we leave off less probable words to get succinctness, the more likely we will generate duplicate phrases.  Dupes could be skipped when encountered, of course, depending on the domain.  But is that the best pragmatic policy, or should duplicate ways to address each Horne clause conclusion be valued individually and stored in a table of such collisions?  That sounds like a word game to put Scrabble to rest.

We need to develop a more rigorous method than these sketches above to use with ontologies that will be part of many IoT devices and systems.

-Rich

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper

EnglishLogicKernel.com