[ontolog-forum] Isaac Asimov's lost article about creative groups of fiv

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 08:09:43 -0700

Asimov wrote an article, which this author published in this site:

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/531911/isaac-asimov-asks-how-do-people-get-new-ideas/

The subjectivity we find in agreeing on an ontology depend on our individual characters, according to Asimov, and he suggests what he calls “cerebration” meetings, where he suggests groups no large than five, with no obvious leader, and with lots of playful attitudes, product the best results, according to Isaac.

Here is one quotable example:

“Probably more inhibiting than anything else is a feeling of responsibility. The great ideas of the ages have come from people who weren’t paid to have great ideas, but were paid to be teachers or patent clerks or petty officials, or were not paid at all. The great ideas came as side issues.”

-Rich

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper

EnglishLogicKernel.com