Re: [ontolog-forum] "Data/digital Object" Identities

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: William Frank <williamf.frank@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 11:40:56 -0400
Thanks for this, Gary

I agree with your comments below.   It is all kind of appalling, I don't know how to fix it, and think the issue is too deep and wide to make any more comments in forum posts.

And, more generally, what I see in your example below is more along the race to standardization.  Standardize first, find out what works, never.

What I would like to do is participate in creating some kind of Bourbaki set of foundational statements on identity, with the like-minded here.

Regards

Wm