Re: [ontolog-forum] English number of words/concepts that cannot be comp

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Eddy <deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 13:08:00 -0400
Ed -

On May 05, 2014, at 1:00 PM, Barkmeyer, Edward J wrote:

The important idea in STE is exactly the opposite of what is taught in writing classes:

Critical point.

At what age (6 years old?) are we taught... "Don't use the same word multiple times in a paragraph... go to the dictionary."

It's burned into our brains at an early, early age to write "creatively"... write "expressively"... which makes for extremely difficult to under stand prose.

Are there measurement tools for STE to grade how close to perfect STE (dull, dull, dull reading)?

David Eddy
Babson Park, MA

deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx