Re: [ontolog-forum] A Language Taxonomy

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John McClure <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 12:43:37 -0800
HNY to you John, and sincerely thank you for your insights this last year.

The model you show below is from GreenChameleon.com ("started out in May 2000 as a personal website of Patrick Lambe. ")  I wonder since when did a Taxonomy is-a Semantic Representation? Seems odd, for I think a Semantic Representation has classes, properties and individuals - a taxonomy is but an hierarchical group of individuals, sans classes or properties. Interesting to me is "Classification Scheme" though -- it would bve even more so if it were to identify the <methods> used for classification, without which this "concept map" is but an outline of someone's RDB schema. IOW, if it aint got instructional information (<how to> create a taxonomy) then it's not a particularly big wow. So there's my thoughts on this "concept map".