Re: [ontolog-forum] Axioms and definitions

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "terry.longstreth" <terry.longstreth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 13:24:44 -0500
I forwarded John Sowa's comments to my friend, Steve Hughes at JPL.  Here's a summary of his response:

Hi Terry,

I would have liked to join but I had a telecon this morning. In fact we were discussing items related to the documents mentioned  below.

If the forum desires, I would be glad to discuss our work. The DD in particular is extracted from the content of two ontologies. This work represents about four years of knowledge acquisition from science experts in the community.

I should mention that we will be releasing a DocBook version of the data dictionary in a few days that is more comprehensive and hopefully easier to read. The following  links are review copies.

http://pds.jpl.nasa.gov/pds4/doc/dd/v1/PDS4IMDocBook_1101.html

http://pds.jpl.nasa.gov/pds4/doc/dd/v1/PDS4IMDocBook_1101.pdf

Also the focus of the task has been focused on the common model. We now start working on the discipline models, for example cartography and geometry.

Thanks,

Steve
Terry Longstreth
longstreth@xxxxxxx