Re: [ontolog-forum] [ontology-based-standards] small follow-up on RE: "O

To: ontology-based-standards <ontology-based-standards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Gary Berg-Cross <gbergcross@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 18:11:24 -0400
Simon

Thanks for this follow up to today's session on GeoSpatial Ontologies.
 Crocs seem to have grabbed our attention as a feature-of-interest (FOI) themselves. I actually imaged the situation a bit.

 I may have to deal with data that comes from observations of the water body (as the FOI) and so have observed properties of water temp, croc density etc, - all the key ones.  These croc observations may come from sensors on the crocs and so I get croc temps as properties too since they are now the FOI, but from those samples from croc sensors I'm probably calculating the croc density too. So the same sensor  (with some aggregation) provides data to 2 features of interest - the same sensor serves 2 FOIs.

Gary Berg-Cross, Ph.D.
NSF INTEROP Project
SOCoP Executive Secretary
Knowledge Strategies