[ontolog-forum] "Ontology, Rules, and Logic Programming for Reasoning an

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 13:06:29 -0700
Re: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2013_07_25    (01)

Dear All,    (02)

Coming up this Thursday (Jul-25), is our community brainstorm and
planning session for a mini-series on Ontology, Rules, and Logic
Programming for Reasoning and Applications, dubbed "RulesReasoningLP"
which, again, will be something we plan to roll out after the summer
break (in Aug-2013.)    (03)

== Session Plan: ==    (04)

RulesReasoningLP Program Planning Session - Thu 2013-07-25    (05)

Session Chair: Dr. Leo Obrst    (06)

Topic: Topic: Brainstorm and Planning for a mini-series on "Ontology,
Rules, and Logic Programming for Reasoning and Applications
(RulesReasoningLP)"    (07)

Agenda / Briefings:    (08)

* Dr. Leo Obrst (ONTOLOG; MITRE) - "Session Opening"
* Dr. Benjamin Grosof (Benjamin Grosof & Associates; Coherent
Knowledge Systems) - "Rulelog and Reasoning Applications"
* Dr. Harold Boley (RuleML) - "RuleML Technology for Rules and Reasoning"
* Dr. Henson Graves (Algos Associates) - "The Role of Diagrams in
Logic-based modeling and ontology"
* Dr. John Sowa (Vivomind Intelligence) - "Relating Classical and
Nonmonotonic Reasoning"    (09)

* Open Discussion - ALL
** I. Open Discussion on programs and topics of interest
** II. How can we best frame the discussion and organize the effort
** III. Events & Action Plans    (010)

Please refer to details on the developing session page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2013_07_25    (011)

*Register your attendance* by emailing <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> off-line
or register yourself directly to the wiki session page. Please specify
the date or name of the session(s) you are registering for (your
affiliation too, if you are not already a member of the community.)
... RSVP Now!    (012)

Regards.  =ppy    (013)

For the co-conveners of this mini-series
 Benjamin Grosof
 Harold Boley
 Henson Graves
 John Sowa