Re: [ontolog-forum] Improved Elizae being used in Call Centers

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 09:44:03 -0800
Yes, but that is all old stuff, which hasn't
worked much better than the simpler Elizae of that
day.  I think we should consider a very limited
syntactic approach and a much deeper semantic one.    (01)

The point of my post was that using semantics to
drive parsing, with a much more limited role for
parsing, might yield better results than we have
gotten so far, including ATNs and the various
parser approaches.      (02)

Of course Cyc and its offspring have been
considered "semantic" but that hasn't been all
that much better, and it certainly hasn't led to
widespread use of Q&A bots.      (03)

Perhaps it is time to completely rethink the
approaches of the last half century.      (04)

-Rich    (05)

Sincerely,
Rich Cooper
EnglishLogicKernel.com