Re: [ontolog-forum] What is Data? What is a Datum? 2013-01-10-0743

To: "edbark@xxxxxxxx" <edbark@xxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "doug@xxxxxxxxxx" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: Sjir Nijssen <Sjir.Nijssen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 06:45:50 +0000

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the concise description.

It might help to add one word as follows:

The most common form one sees is "third normal form":  each row is a set of singular facts about one individual.

So far about structure.

With respect to structuring I believe the following is to be added:

Although the structure is of interest, the protocol (structuring) based on normal forms is very hard to use in those practical situations  where the input of the subject matter expert is essential for the modeler.

Regards

Sjir Nijssen

Chief Technical Officer

PNA Group