Re: [ontolog-forum] Evaluating Knowledge Representation (KR), Proper Nam

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "David Mendes na UE" <dmendes@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 14:48:56 -0000

Hi Edmon,

I don’t think that I could be considered an expert (so far, at least) because I am a PhD student in AI and still getting acquainted to the field.

I could suggest you, however, if you are developing an ontology to support the KR to name it something like “Skin Cancer Ontology” or “Skyn Cancer Detection Ontology”.

At least I can imagine you are delving into ontologies since you are here in the ontolog-forum. J

Evidently you have to get in sync to whatever is being made in this field because there is always  related work that is worth (I should say fundamental) to be considered.

For instance, you should consider to have OBO Foundry ontologies as upper level for your KR efforts to get better visibility and sinchronization among other Biomedical  ontologies.

Myself, for instance, am developing na extension of OGMS with the CPR into what I name a OGCP (Ontology for General Clinical Practice) to make available well funded KR for clinical practice. My efforts are directed to cardiovascular healthcare but I intend the ontology to be of wide applicability and acceptance.

Anything you want to discuss, feel free.

Yours truly

David Mende