Re: [ontolog-forum] The $580 Million Black Hole

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 16:45:46 -0400
On 7/22/2012 3:10 PM, Chris Menzel wrote:
> Granted, they sold at the height of dot-com optimism and exuberance, but
> I have to say I cannot understand how anyone could consider a complete
> no-cash stock option buyout.    (01)

I agree.  But as we have seen, lots of supposedly savvy people were
taken in by Bernie Madoff and similar people.    (02)

In this case, the adviser from Goldman Sachs told them to take the
no-cash option from L & H.  But at the same time, GS decided not to
invest in L & H stock themselves.    (03)

In ancient times, there was a subject called "Business Ethics".
But ethical has been redefined as anything that is not illegal.    (04)

And legal now means anything you can pay the politicians to approve.    (05)