Re: [ontolog-forum] Possible OOR allies - was Open Repositories 2012

To: "MacPherson, Deborah" <dmacpherson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bob Smith <bobsmithttl@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Ed Dodds <dodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 09:47:41 -0500
I don't know if these are hair brained idea but the Knight Foundation had been doing a series of "innovation in news" challenges, the first re networks, the second re: data, the third topic as yet unannounced. http://newschallenge.tumblr.com/

Also, in conjuntion with @US_Ignite, @MozillaIgnite is doing a "what if there were no limit to bandwidth challenge" https://mozillaignite.org/ in partnership with NSF. Reminds me a bit of @Internet2 's push into NET + service offerings http://www.internet2.edu/netplus/

TANGENT: Data Transparency Coalition Invites Media & Public to DATA Act Demo Day ‐ July 10 http://www.datacoalition.com/content/files/demodayrelease.pdf

Ed Dodds
Collaboration Strategist
Conmergence.com