[ontolog-forum] New Resource available: FrameNet extension: repository o

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Claudio Giuliano <giuliano@xxxxxx>, Sara Tonelli <satonelli@xxxxxx>, Volha Bryl <bryl@xxxxxx>
From: Luciano Serafini <serafini@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 14:07:18 +0000
Dear all,
at the web page
https://dkm.fbk.eu/index.php/FrameNet_extension:_repository_of_senses
it is now available a repository of senses is a resource that complements
FrameNet<https://framenet.icsi.berkeley.edu/fndrupal/>.
    (01)

For each Frame-Role (another term for Role is Frame Element) pair we have
extracted a list of senses, where a sense is a
WordNet<http://wordnet.princeton.edu/> synset, that possible fillers of that
role might take. The process is the following. We start from the FrameNet 1.5
annotated corpus. First, we link role fillers' heads to Wikipedia and then,
with the help of BabelNet<http://lcl.uniroma1.it/babelnet/> and
Yago<http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/yago-naga/yago/>, assign one or several WordNet
synsets to each filler. After that, we generalize over the examples for each
frame-role in order to select the most representative set of senses for a given
role.
    (02)

For more info you can contact Volha Bryl and Sara Tonelli (FBK)
bryl@xxxxxx<mailto:bryl@xxxxxx>, satonelli@xxxxxx<mailto:satonelli@xxxxxx>
and/or read the paper Volha Bryl, Sara Tonelli, Claudio Giuliano, Luciano
Serafini. A Novel FrameNet-based Resource for the Semantic
Web<https://dkm.fbk.eu/images/4/45/Framente-SAC12-paper.pdf>. In Proceedings of
ACM Symposium on Appliced Computing (SAC) 2012, Technical Track on The Semantic
Web and Applications (SWA), Riva del Garda (Trento), Italy) March 25-29, 2012.
Luciano
    (03)