[ontolog-forum] Regarding Neo4j for Ontology

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Neubauer <peter.neubauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 12:01:39 +0200
Hi all,
Dan just pointed me to this discussion, I just wanted to provide a bit
of input here.    (01)

Yes, Neo4j is not trying to do indexing. For that, you use whatever
suits best, like Lucene, SOLR, Redis ... we combine that with local
traversal which Neo4j IS good at. So, IMHO this is slightly off the
point - it's the combination of the graph traversal and the index
lookups that give you the maximum performance. This has proven to be
very effective in a number of domains, since you by choosing the right
tool (index lookups, traversals or raw memory-operations) have a
number of degrees of freedom to get maximum performance.    (02)

Cheers,    (03)

/peter neubauer    (04)

G:  neubauer.peter
S:  peter.neubauer