Re: [ontolog-forum] Brand Niemann's IPR infringement [was - Fwd: [ontolo

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 16:50:02 -0400
I did follow Leo's link.
I couldn't find anything in the links that talked about restrictions on
using open content.
I probably missed the right part since I started with the OPL stuff and
did not find much of help there.
The cc by-sa 3.0 link was more helpful but does not seem very onerous.
- Attribution and let people know the original license.
- Make the derived work available.    (01)

Is it just that he did not mention that the content from the Summit that
he referenced, was available under OPL v1.0 or (cc by-sa 3.0) ?    (02)

Is there an "official" attribution statement that people should use or
is it up to them to decide on the wording?    (03)

To me it appears that he would also have to allow people to have a copy
of the MindTouch version of the information.
I would not think that he is obliged to supply them with a copy of the
MindTouch software.    (04)

Have I got this right?    (05)

I think that this is a useful discussion regardless of the specific
instance that prompted it.    (06)

Ron    (07)

Ron Wheeler
President