[ontolog-forum] ICBO 2012: Call for Software Demos and Poster Abstracts

To: protege-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Trish Whetzel <plwhetzel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 03:46:40 -0400
International Conference on Biomedical Ontology 2012, co-located with FOIS 2012, 21-25 July 2012; Graz, Austria.

Call for Software Demonstrations and Posters

Deadline: 15 April 2012

Conference Web site: http://purl.org/icbofois2012/

Submit via: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icbo-2012

*** Software Demonstrations ***

Software that create, manipulate and use biomedical ontologies will be an
important feature of ICBO 2012. Without tools that use ontologies to help
query, browse and analyse biomedical data the creation of all our biomedical
ontologies is largely fruitless. So, come and show us your software that
creates ontologies, manipulates ontologies, and is driven by ontologies. We
want software demos to be first class citizens at ICBO, so submit your
two-page software demonstration descriptions via our Easychair site at
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icbo-2012, track 'ICBO 2012 --
Software Demonstrations'.

*** Poster Abstracts ***

We also want posters sessions at ICBO that stimulate discussion about our
domain - the ontologies you've created; the things you've done with
ontologies; support and supplementary information about the papers you've
written for ICBO or elsewhere. Again, we want ICBO posters to be first class
citizens at the conference (they wil have "flash" slots at the conference),
so get writing your ICBO poster abstracts. Submit your 1-page abstracts to
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icbo-2012, track 'ICBO 2012 --
Poster Abstracts'.

*** Contact ***

For more information or to offer sponsorship, please send us a note at
contact.icbo2012@xxxxxxxxx

*** Organizing Committee ***

General Chairs: Ronald Cornet (Amsterdam, The Netherlands) and Robert
Stevens (Manchester, UK)

Workshops and Tutorials Chair: Melanie Courtot (Vancouver, Canada)

Early Career Consortium Chair: Ludger Jansen (Rostock, Germany)

Software Demonstration Chair: Trish Whetzel (Stanford, USA)

Proceedings Chair: Janna Hastings (Geneva, Switzerland)

Local Chair: Stefan Schulz (Graz, Austria)

Trish Whetzel, PhD
Outreach Coordinator
Ph: 650-721-2378
http://www.bioontology.org