Re: [ontolog-forum] FW: SWRL-IQ Launch: Protege 3.x plugin: queries to u

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Nicola Guarino <guarino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 18:01:20 +0100
Also, instead of adding rules to OWL, resulting in a hybrid formalism, it would be very useful to investigate about using a variant of Datalog, Datalog+-, as a unified language for ontologies. I am  very curious to understand the practical feasibility of this. Especially, the possibility to have variables to express co-reference constraints among different attribute values (for instance, a service whose provider is also the producer) seems to be crucial to me.

(still I have to dig into it)

Nicola