Re: [ontolog-forum] Type Systems for Common Logic

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 00:22:57 -0400
Dear Beik,    (01)

> I am looking for a good review paper, Book or presentation on
> challenges of current semantic technology languages and features
> of an ideal semantic technology language.    (02)

Short answer:  If you find one, please let us know.    (03)

Medium answer:    (04)

I doubt that it's possible to have "a semantic technology language"
that is ideal for every possible purpose.  But I believe that it is
possible to design better ones for various purposes.    (05)

Longer answer:    (06)

I'll mention a paper and a set of slides that I wrote, and I would
encourage anyone else who wrote or knows of others to send their
recommendations to this list.    (07)

Following is an article on "The Challenge of Knowledge Soup"
which summarizes various thorny issues:    (08)

    http://www.jfsowa.com/pubs/challenge.pdf    (09)

Following is a set of slides that survey the problems and issues
about integrating semantic systems and possible ways to address them:    (010)

    http://www.jfsowa.com/talks/iss.pdf    (011)

These slides suggest some ways to address the problems, but there
is a lot of work that remains to be done.    (012)