Re: [ontolog-forum] Self Interest Ontology - developing one?

To: rwheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 08:20:01 -0700
Ron and All,    (01)

> [RC] I was hoping that in all of the discussion about OOR that we have at
>least
> arrived at the point where there is a sense of the metadata that would be
>carried
> by the OOR for each ontology stored in the repo.    (02)

[ppy] indeed ... the Open Ontology Repository (OOR) initiative[1]  has
adopted Ontology Metadata Vocabulary (OMV)[2] as the core reference
for that purpose. A series of workshops [3] is ongoing, to explore the
need for extensions that may be needed as well.    (03)

  [1] see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository    (04)

  [2] see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OMV    (05)

  [3] ref. latest episode of the OOR metadata dialog -
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2011_05_27    (06)

Regards. =ppy