[ontolog-forum] Ontology of Rough Sets

To: <tara_athan@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 15:59:20 -0800

Does anyone have an ontology of Rough Sets they can present to the group?  This is probably a good time to do it.  This might actually be the right place, given Azamat's excellent recent comments on our difficulties in reaching a consensus:

The third one, if ontology is a core part of reality (the set of things) or mentality (the set of fundamental concepts) or language (the set of fundamental terms).

Or, if ontology is a Deus (one being, Logos) integrating the World (Pater), Knowledge (Filius), and Digital Virtuality (Spiritus Sanctus).

So, having multiple personhood, a kind of multiple personality disorder, it's both the artifact and not, the captured knowledge and uncaptured knowledge, it's suitable for automated reasoning and not. Thus ontology can exist as a fundamental reality, a model of reality, or expressed as an XML schema, or a Java program (perhaps), or a PDF text, or a relational database, as Ed suggesting...

Azamat Abdoullaev

http://www.eis.com.cy

http://neapolis.com

Sort of like quarks, threads and nondeterministic fsa, but it reminds me of rough sets - the method of modeling actual data distributions as valid outliers scattered over a general theme of structure.

Rough sets would be useful to consider in an ontology that could possibly reach a consensus.  After that, we would have better experiences to reach consensus with.

JMHO,

-Rich

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper