Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontologies for hybrid connectionist-semantic systems

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 17:34:34 -0500
John,    (01)

There is also RIF: Rule Interchange Format, for rule-based reasoning from the
W3C, which is since June 2010 a W3C Recommendation. It has multiple dialects or
profiles, but can accommodate a range of rule styles -- most of the existing
rule formats. Chris Welty gave Ontolog an overview of this in 2008:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_06_12. We've not
yet used it, but it looks promising.    (02)

Thanks,
Leo    (03)