[ontolog-forum] "Commercialization, Products and Patents"; was RE: [OT]

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Pavithra Kenjige'" <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 17:32:29 -0700
Commercialization, Products and Patents might be good single thread heading,
Peter.  If you agree, I would like to point out the recent patent litigation
decision which found in favor of David Gelernter, the computer science
professor who was also into commercializing scientific visions.  Here is the
reference about how he will receive about 10-20 million, bottom line, after
his litigation team and company receive a 200-600 million dollar judgement
that Apple has infringed his patent:    (01)

http://www.law.com/jsp/cc/PubArticleCC.jsp?id=1202473037789&src=EMC-Email&et
=editorial&bu=IP%20Insider%20Alert&pt=IP%20Insider%20Alert&cn=Corporate%20Co
unsel%27s%20IP%20Insider%20Alert%20-%2010%2F7%2F10&kw=Apple%20Scrambles%20to
%20Limit%20Damage%20After%20Being%20Hit%20with%20Huge%20Patent%20Verdict    (02)

His company, Mirror Worlds, and Gelernter as well are wikiped at:    (03)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Gelernter     (04)

Sincerely,
Rich Cooper
EnglishLogicKernel.com