Re: [ontolog-forum] Proof Animations

To: Ontolog Forum <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jon Awbrey <jawbrey@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 08:08:54 -0400
Adrian,    (01)

That particular system of graph-theoretical structures and transformations
came up in the process of trying to answer questions about the nature of
logic and proof, but there is of course the additional motivation that
better understanding leads to better tools for inquiry and vice versa.    (02)

Jon Awbrey    (03)

Adrian Walker wrote:

> Jon --
>
> Nice!
>
> Is the purpose for education and debugging?
>
> Another way of displaying proofs is to only show a success path --
> no backtracks, as in the system online at the site below.
> (Click on "Get an explanation").  A variation is to
> show such a proof with abductive (assumed) nodes,
> showing what would be needed to change a No
> to a Yes.
>
> -- Adrian
>
> Internet Business Logic
> A Wiki and SOA Endpoint for Executable Open Vocabulary English Q/A over SQL
>and RDF
> Online at www.reengineeringllc.com
> Shared use is free, and there are no advertisements
>
> Adrian Walker
> Reengineering
>
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 9:40 PM, Jon Awbrey wrote:
> >
> > OntoLoggers, Conceptual Graphers ...
> >
> > Here's a collection of proof animations --
> > in a variant of Peirce's logical graphs --
> > that I worked up since last I was here:
> >
> > http://oeis.org/wiki/User:Jon_Awbrey/ANIMATION#Proof_Animations
> >
> > There's explanatory text to be had:
> >
> > http://mywikibiz.com/Logical_Graph