Re: [ontolog-forum] language vs logic - ambiguity andstartingwithdefinit

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: FERENC KOVACS <f.kovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 11:50:38 +0000 (GMT)
Alex,
I am looking forward to see your ontology.
It is not a freebie, I am afraid. All my efforts on this forum has been to generate a dialogue betwen those interested and me in order to come to an agreement that such an ontology is needed, and it is doable. As soon as I find enough people to justify the establishment of a foundation for the utilisation and exploitation of a deliverable in that line to be mutually defined and accepted, i am ready to go vested interest in creating such an ontology as I am not in this busines and environment at all.

But keep in mind that following Aristotle you may need more categories - he counts 10, they say (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categories_%28Aristotle%29).
I do not think that I need Aristotle's categories. my philosophyical backgound comes from Hegel, a lot more updotae view of the world in terms of categories.

May be it's better just to write an article? IMHO - commenting is not a good way to introduce paradigm.

You are right. I have written a  couple of papers to introduce parts of the paradigm on the net. But since there has been not much response to motivate me, including your current reponse here, I am of the opinion that sooner or later some of you will try to figure out what I am about and keep silent about it until coming out with his own version. I am aware of the business value of such a hypothetical solution (new paradigm) put in practice.
Ferenc