Re: [ontolog-forum] Lightweight, Middleweight, and Heavyweight Semantics

To: Mills Davis <lmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 11:48:25 -0400
Mills,    (01)

> So, here is my question to you and Pat: Are you aware of any groups
> involved with Common Logic who are taking up the challenges of BLOGIC  (web
>logic) ?    (02)

Pat has closer ties to that group than I have, so I'd let him answer.    (03)

But judging from the basic principles of human nature and inertia,
I suspect that your impressions are correct:    (04)

 > it seems that this W3C group did not want to look comprehensively
 > into the sorts of issues [Pat] had mapped out, and rather, very
 > much wanted to stay within the existing stack and existing separation
 > of RDF, SPARQL, Rules, etc. and their definitional underpinnings.    (05)

In other words, if anybody is going to do anything about these issues,
it would have to be somebody who thinks this approach is valuable.    (06)