Re: [ontolog-forum] Lightweight, Middleweight, and Heavyweight Semantics

To: John Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mills Davis <lmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 11:34:21 -0400
John,    (01)

I posed this question to Pat, via the forum but haven't heard from him about
it...     (02)

> Pat,
>
> At a recent Semantic Meet-up in Washington DC, a review was given of the W3C
>sponsored RDF working meeting that followed the SemTech conference in June.
>
> During the Q&A I asked to what extent was the group pursuing the ideas you
>put forth in you BLOGIC keynote at ISWC last fall, which I thought was both
>entertaining and well thought out.  The answer seemed to be that other than
>some discussion of "named graphs", it seems that this W3C group did not want
>to look comprehensively into the sorts of issues you had mapped out, and
>rather, very much wanted to stay within the existing stack and existing
>separation of RDF, SPARQL, Rules, etc. and their definitional underpinnings.

So, here is my question to you and Pat:
Are you aware of any groups involved with Common Logic who are taking up the
challenges of BLOGIC  (web logic) ?    (03)

Mills
On Aug 7, 2010, at 11:25 AM, John F. Sowa wrote:    (04)