[ontolog-forum] Fw: Re Foundation ontology, CYC, and Mapping

To: <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Christopher Spottiswoode" <cms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 18:59:15 +0200
All,    (01)

In my post of a few minutes ago, reproduced below, I introduced an aspect of
MACK which might be called type/instance duality, much as one talks in physics
of wave/particle duality.    (02)

And just as in physics the phenomenon cannot really be grasped properly except
via the corresponding mathematics, so also can this Ontological phenomenon not
really be grasped properly without the planned runtime representations of it.
But they are, as I said in the post, fundamentally very natural, so I do not
foresee any the same understanding difficulties, not even for ordinary users,
once the new medium is launched (re that medium, cf http://TheMainstream.info,
but perhaps rather wait for the greatly updated site I'm still working on...).    (03)

Sorry that's probably not much help at this stage, but it may be if you can
answer my question at the end of my post below in the affirmative?  That is,
does there seem at this stage to be any sense in the picture I have just
sketched (below)?  (If yes, I might try some other experimental angles, also to
help in the finalizing of my updated website.)    (04)

Thanks in hopeful anticipation.    (05)

Christopher    (06)