Re: [ontolog-forum] OOR Quality and Gatekeeping [was - Re: [sio-dev] Fwd

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:55:22 -0700
Sorry, I missed pasting the link before pressing the "send" button ...
it should read:    (01)

//
ALL: please join us at the call this Friday
(http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/sio-dev/2010-04/msg00049.html) at the
regular OOR-team conference call to talk about it.
//    (02)

Regards.  =ppy
--    (03)

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Indeed! ... I agree, Cory.
>
> Also ... "agreement" on the requirements may be necessary, but
> definitely not sufficient, until someone takes on the "hard work" to
> actually write the code to implement these things.
>
> ALL: please join us at the call this Friday () at the regular OOR-team
> conference call to talk about it.
>
> Regards.  =ppy
>
> p.s. once again, for those who have not had a chance to review the
> Summit Communique where OOR was the central theme, please take a look
> at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2008_Communique
> --
>

> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Cory Casanave <cory-c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>wrote:
>> Peter,
>> Perhaps the mistake is then thinking of the OOR as "a repository" instead of
>a federation of repositories such that different nodes on the network can have
>different policies about "quality" and "vetting". Then the only question would
>be what are the requirements for an OOR node to be registered in this
>federation, which should be a minor operation.  Mechanisms for trust and crowd
>comments on resources should then provide ways to know what repositories to
>trust and those to ignore - based on users criteria, not any authority.
>>
>> -Cory Casanave

>>> 2) Peer reviews
>>> 3) Successful applications built using the ontologies