Re: [ontolog-forum] Kolmogorov Inductive Inference

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: John Bottoms <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 17:12:02 -0400
Rich,    (01)

Soft-switch technology used in communicaton abstracts a well-
known graph and identifies only those edges (arcs) that are
important for a given exchange. This is how the Internet protocol
MPLS gains speed. It forwards a list of arc numbers as the message
is processed in the graph. A node then pulls off the next arc
number and forwards the message on that arc.    (02)

It's sorta like running through the doors in a house and just
remembering which ones you need to go through in sequence. It
speeds traversing the graph because there is known knowledge
about the graph and someone has worked out the transveral
sequence. Other protocols such as OSPF or BGP have to do the
heavy liftng of processing the grapg. You could abstract the
graph for that instance into just those nodes that are traversed.    (03)

-John Bottoms
  FirstStar Networks
  Concord, MA
  T: 978-505-9878    (04)