Re: [ontolog-forum] unnatural language

To: David Eddy <deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Adrian Walker <adriandwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:25:19 -0400
Hi David --

As usual, you ask the good questions.

Adrian:
You have kindly made a strong argument for writing in Executable English** rather than in Java, C, etc.

David:

And how is this Executable English magic going to make the connection between "dunning" (e.g. hound for payment of a debt) and MENSA-FL?  Even when the acronym is "translated" to MEssage Notify Stop Action FLag, there's no visible, direct connection to the dunning activity.

Adrian:

Well, in Executable English, you would spell out the concept rather than try to shoehorn it into a few bytes.  Then you would make the connection using the techniques shown in slides 24-32 and 40-52 of the following:

www.reengineeringllc.com/Internet_Business_Logic_and_Semantic_Web_Presentation.pdf

                        Cheers,  -- Adrian

** Internet Business Logic
A Wiki and SOA Endpoint for Executable Open Vocabulary English over SQL and RDF
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com
Shared use is free, and there are no advertisements

Adrian Walker
Reengineering