Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontologies, Usability, Semantic Web, RDF theming

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Ed Dodds <dodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 05:47:56 -0600
All:

I saw this on the Drupal community web site listserv and thought it may be of interest.

Kind regards,

Ed Dodds
Conmergence.com
dodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(615) 657-9359
ed_dodds_skype

http://krisvandenbergh.eu/content/using-power-ontologies-automate-usability-testing

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 3:40 AM, kriskras <NO-REPLY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings, Ed_Dodds,
A new comment has been added by kriskras to this thread in group Semantic Web: The idea is very powerful and

The idea is very powerful and compelling to me.

Lately I have also been thinking of how the power of ontologies could be used as well for usability in general and testing in particular. For example, usability guidelines could be incorporated in OWL ontologies by defining datatype restrictions, allowing you to measure user-friendliness in a somewhat automated manner. And of course, they could be used in combination with other restrictions on properties (e.g., owl:hasValue) like what their value and cardinality ought to be. Finally, a "semantic" usability test suite could then be build that would enable you to remotely test websites, make conclusions and propose appropriate recommendations. I have elaborated on this idea here:

http://krisvandenbergh.eu/content/using-power-ontologies-automate-usability-testing

Would love to hear your thoughts and if this idea is somewhat complementary in a sense to the theming of data using RDF triples.

Read more at http://groups.drupal.org/node/57418#comment-163938 or reply via http://groups.drupal.org/comment/reply/57418/163938.

--
This is an automatic message from groups.drupal.org