[ontolog-forum] Announcing the "Shared and Integrated Ontologies (SIO)"

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:37:35 -0400
We had a great post-summit session at NIST (Gaithersburg, Maryland,
USA - with both on-site and remote participants), with John Sowa
giving a talk entitled: "Sharing and Integrating Ontologies."    (01)

Proceedings with slides, link to John's developing paper, and the
transcript of the in-session chat, are now available on the session
page at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2010_03_16    (02)

A huge thank you to John for all the work in synthesizing the
discussion started in Feb-2010 under the subject: "Foundation
Ontology, Cyc, and Mapping" and related threads, which partly informed
the content of this talk and paper that John is doing.    (03)

A most exciting outcome of the session is that a new initiative on
"Shared and Integrated Ontologies (SIO)" is officially born. This will
be the effort to implement the ideas discussed. I will defer to
JohnSowa, PatCassidy, MichaelGruninger and others who plan to be
contribute to the effort to start by telling us (a) what does SIO mean
to them, and (b) what do they envision getting done in the near- and
medium-term.    (04)

... if you have been involved in this discussion, or were at the
session today, please chime in.    (05)

Thanks again, everyone!    (06)

Regards.  =ppy