Re: [ontolog-forum] Foundation ontology, CYC, and Mapping

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Bennett <mbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:51:05 +0000
On the financial front, the EDM Council is funding me to do exactly as
you describe (funded by financial firms and other industry
participants). When the ISO 20022 messaging standard is reissued in a
couple of years or so it will have a "semantic" layer driving the
logical and physical models, and the EDM Council content will likely
find a home in that. Meanwhile, as you say, people are making it happen.    (01)

We have a lot of interest from regulators, as we are working on a proof
of concept for something that regulators can do or require in the future
(tagging securities data at source against semantics). I believe this
proof of concept was even mentioned in the introduction to a US bill
recently on systemic risk regulation.    (02)

So basically yes, you are right.    (03)

Mike    (04)

--
Mike Bennett
Director