Re: [ontolog-forum] Inconsistent Theories

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Rob Freeman <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 09:52:06 +1300
On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Patrick Cassidy <pat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Rob Freeman wrote:
>> (BTW my answer to that Pat, is that what two contradictory
>> descriptions agree on may not be the same from case to
>> case, so you still don't get your FO
>
>    I don't understand your premise and certainly can't see how it leads to
> the conclusion.
>
>   Could you fill in the missing steps?    (01)

"What two contradictory descriptions agree on may not be the same from
case to case": If you identify concepts with sets, and agreement with
subsets, the number of ways you can find agreement (subsets) will
generally be greater than there are elements in either set.    (02)

"You still don't get your FO": It will be a poor FO which is larger
than the sets it seeks to describe. In fact I think contradiction
follows automatically from the greater number.    (03)

-Rob    (04)