Re: [ontolog-forum] Inconsistent Theories

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Christopher Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 23:35:49 -0600
On Feb 8, 2010, at 10:59 PM, Rich Cooper wrote:
> John and Chris, please let me butt in with a clarifying question; are you
> using "=" in a definitional or in a comparative way?    (01)

Rich, it is being used as it is always used in first-order logic with identity
to mean identity, the relation that holds between, and only between, any
arbitrary thing and itself; consult any standard text on the subject.  Your
questions concern issues in the semantics of procedural programming languages
that, for the most part, really have nothing at all to do with identity in FOL.    (02)

-chris    (03)