Re: [ontolog-forum] new logic

To: Rob Freeman <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:27:13 +0000
Dear Rob
thanks for following up

you found the quote I was referring to, where? (url)

(I am pretty sure I remembered correctly, some parts of my memory work surprisingly well given the general soup in there, and despite the lack of otherwise list memory, which is even worse than the lack of organisational memory)

I like remembering small details

Its good to know that I am not completely off the wall as yet (unless proven otherwise)

I must stress that I do not inted to pick /characterise Johns knowledge (or Pat's anybody elses) on a subject
we all say things that out of context or in a different contextual frame may not make as much sense as intended.

I was trying to bring some contrasting views to the general take on the subject on this list that seem to
portray rather monotonic views of the world at least on certain topics (like logic) at times

We all learn from John, and from each other, and nobody is  ' always right ' (sometimes only because we dont manage to
formulate or communicate effectively what we are trying to say)

John already clarified in a subsequent post what he meant with the sentence below, or other similar assertions
not sure if under this exact thread or related, he asked to be quoted with a slightly different wording on the issue

Perhaps you can look up the other statements he followed and raise your comments/ questions in relation to that as well?

You mailed me offlist some comments another post you found, will have to get back to that

thanks

PDM