[ontolog-forum] Fwd: Proceedings: UoM Ontology Standard - Workshop at NS

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 02:06:25 -0800
Fyi ...    (01)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 2:04 AM
Subject: Proceedings: UoM Ontology Standard - Workshop at NSF - Fri 2009.10.30
To: uom-ontology-std <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>    (02)

We had a really productive workshop on Oct-30. 12 people participated
on-site at NSF, and another 12 participated remotely.    (03)

Proceedings are now online - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2009_09_24
... you will find all the slides, audio recording of the discussion,
session/chat transcript, as well as links and various other resources
there.    (04)

A huge thank you to Dr. Frank Olken (NSF), Mr. Ed Barkmeyer (NIST)
and Mr. Howard Mason (BAE; ISO) for co-chairing the workshop.    (05)

Over this session, our goals and the progress-to-date were reviewed,
and the scope for this UoM_Ontology_Standard work was refined.
Consensus on the next step for this initiative, is to start a TC
(Technical Committee) at OASIS, under the name "Quantity and Unit of
Measure Ontology Standard (QUOMOS)" so that this work will be
conducted a proper SDO (standards development organization) setting.    (06)

Various team members (EdBarkmeyer, DavidLeal,
RobRaskin+ChipMasters+HansPeter_de-Koning, PatHayes,
JoelBender+PeterYim, HowardMason) will be championing parts of our
deliverables. These deliverables will need to be ready by Nov-16, in
time for review and finalization at our next workgroup meeting on
Thursday, 19-Nov-2009.  Please mark your calendars (for both the work
deadline, and the meeting date.) A session page will be developing
(for this next meeting) at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UoM_Ontology_Standard/Workshop_2009_11_19
(... and, like our Oct-30 workshop, observers are welcome too.) Our
aim is to have the first QUOMOS OASIS TC Meeting in mid-January 2010
(possibly, Thu 14-Jan-2010.)    (07)

Once again, we want to thank FrankOlken & NSF for hosting us; and to
extend our appreciations to everyone who participated and contributed
at the  on Oct-30 workshop.    (08)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (09)

for and on behalf of the organizers
 Ed Barkmeyer