Re: [ontolog-forum] Just What Is an Ontology, Anyway?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 13:37:05 -0700 (PDT)
Azamat

Your definition spells "ERD"!!!!

I think "Ontology" is a good word!

It sounds philosophical, ( to impress all you western philosophers..) and it gives the flexibilities to define a  list of   Entities or Objects ( that existed, exists or can exist ) that are within the domain /enterprise that one is trying conceptually define or describle..

And it helps with interoperability and semantic web..

Just my humble opinion!