Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology-based database integration

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pavithra <pavithra_kenjige@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 14:11:01 -0700 (PDT)
There was a seminar on 10/5 about SOA.   According to an IBMer,  he had all the programming in 1970, for services... and spoke of PL1 and  DB2.   So nothing is new...  all  same old same old SOA that was there in 1970...   Only Bill gates used to talk that way.  He said he did work with Bill gates when he was young!

 [  That is how indian ( my ancestors)  people speak of sciences..  ( medicine, astronomy, physics... etc..)..   ]

We have to give credit to new perspective, but using existing proven bits and pieaces ( modules ) &  techniques can only strengthen the new concept!  ( no need to test that part module... )..  Not everything is proven in this universe!    If it did, we wouldn't have had a tsunami at all.   we would know how to avoid it..

Pavithra