[ontolog-forum] Ontolog presence on social networks [was- Re: Announceme

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 19:16:34 -0700
Thank you, Doug. Point well taken.    (01)

Charley and I were discussing this too, and he specifically intended
for this (Facebook presence) to be more of a "funnel" to provide us
exposure, rather than another "workspace" or "work environment" that
we want to delve into. I think he has a point. If exposure is our
principal purpose, we could (should?) even try doing on more just just
Facebook.    (02)

I should also take the opportunity to recognize the fact that back in
April 2007, Ed Dodds did point out to me (offline) that there were
already over 150 Ontolog members on LinkedIn (I have to admire his
data-mining skills!) and suggested we take advantage of the "Linkedin
for Groups" feature that creates some sort of affinity group among
members of this community. ... Regretfully, I did not take him on
then, nor put it up for discussion.    (03)

... I guess, this is as good a time as any.    (04)

Thought, comments, ... anyone?    (05)

Best regards.  =ppy