Re: [ontolog-forum] [semweb-31] Linked Open Data Questions

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: semweb-31@xxxxxxxxxx
From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 12:08:33 -0400
ravi sharma wrote:
> Cory and Dean
>
> Every URL is not necessarily an Information Link.    (01)

Every URL is a LINK to an Information Resource, so it is always an
Information (data in context) link. Basically, a file hosted at the
Address conveyed by the URL.    (02)

A generic HTTP URI isn't the same thing as a URL. It possesses a
powerful Identity / Address (Access) duality that comes into play when
you seek to Refer-to something (Identity) or Access its Description
(Access via Address) in a representation of your choosing (typically via
HTTP's content negotiation).    (03)

URI/URL or URL/URI is just another expression of the aforementioned
functional duality.    (04)

Kingsley

Regards,    (07)

Kingsley Idehen       Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen