Re: [ontolog-forum] Another Call for Paper

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: K Goodier <kgoodier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 10:22:30 -0400
I will help review

K Goodier

On Jun 9, 2009, at 10:08 AM, "Tolk, Andreas" <atolk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,
Together with John Miller I am editing a special issue of the journal of simulation focusing on the use of ontological means in support of interoperability. I hope that some of you know the Levels of Conceptual Interoperability Model (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conceptual_interoperability) which we successful used to make people aware that you have to capture your entities, relations, processes, and constraints (including axioms) in machine-understandable form, which means logic, which means ontological means.
Some possible topics discussed in this forum already are
  • Can we embed our models into a common conceptual model of the operation space (upper ontology)?
  • Can we capture model ambassadors as intelligent agents arguing about composability using ontological means?
  • Is the ontological spectrum sufficient for this kind of application?
  • Should we capture requirements as ontology artifacts to enable machine understandability?
  • And many more

The official call for papers is accessible via the website http://www.palgrave-journals.com/jos/index.html

I would like to see some of our discussions featured in archived form.

Also, I am always looking for volunteers helping me as peer reviewers (hint, hint).

All the best
Andreas
Andreas Tolk, Ph.D.
Associate Professor Engineering Management & Systems Engineering
Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA 23529
Voice 757-683-4500 Fax 757-683-5640