Re: [ontolog-forum] [ontology-summit] UN/CEFACT Core Components and Onto

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Anders W.Tell" <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 17:05:02 +0200
John,    (01)

An interesting side note on terminology is the patented CCTS naming
convention. The designation (or Dictionary Entry Name) for a concept of
"someone who drives a taxi" would be (if I remember correctly) something
along the lines:    (02)

"TaxiDriver_ Driver_ Doer_ Agent_ Initiator_ Source_ Participant_ Part_
Component_ PrehendedEntity_ Actuality_ Physical_ T"    (03)

I.e. when one defines a child component one has to add a qualifier to
the designation, such as "Tiger_ Animal", where "Tiger_ Animal" is
'based on' "Animal".    (04)

The hierarchy of CCTS concepts does not follow traditional sub-typing
principles, multiple parents are not allowed, properties must be
promoted to the top/root concepts so they can be later restricted in
children (contxtualised), ultra-high, high and mid level concepts are
not used since CCTS rule create a very high barrier for such ontological
practice (if at all feasible).    (05)

I leave the rest to interested readers of the CCTS specification.    (06)

/Anders    (07)